Saturday 18 September 2021

A Double Lake Day

Two events at two separate lakes on one busy Saturday! An early start sorting logistics and kit soon had me, a collection of barrels and planks, plenty of helmets and buoyancy aids, minibuses and surprisingly large crowd of spectators and competitors gathering on the banks of Llyn Padarn, where I was hosting a raft race. It was a really fun event and the first time that I'd been in front of a 'crowd' for literally months! Horse from excitable shouting, I made it back to The Cottage for a quick 'costume change'. Clare arrived back shortly after me and an hour later, we were down on the banks of Llyn Gwynant, where we spent the rest of the day celebrating with Nick and Rich on their wedding day. 


Some psychedelic ice creams kept my energy levels up!


There will be some amazing wedding photos - including alpacas, and a 'wedding floatila'. Hats off to the photographer, who donned his wetsuit to get the shots! Amazingly no one fell in - although there were a lot of wet trousers back at the barn where the following speeches were held. 


A fantastic day and lovely to be at a social event after so long! A wedding cake made of rounds of cheese made sure I had some good dreams when we eventually got back home.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment