Sunday 15 April 2018

Orienteering Organising

A different kind of Sunday for me - organising an orienteering event! Left the house with shorts on for the first time this year as it felt pretty warm and I knew that it would be an energetic day! Setting out the course was great - all was quiet, fresh and peaceful as I jogged around the woods with a pack full of markers. There was a great view over Llandudno and the bay from the highest point on the course.


I had 44 students taking part in the event - They had a set amount of time to collect stamps from as many markers as they could find. Easy ones were worth five points, hard ones, or further away ones, were worth more so it was quite a strategic race!


The event went really well, with everyone chasing around like mad and getting into the friendly competition vibe. Afterwards, I had to run the course a second time to collect the markers back in - my GPS said that I'd covered 16km - Certainly the longest I've run in a while!! 

You can barely see it in the photo below, but when I got home, there was a really vibrant rainbow over The Cottage. A nice day indeed....


No comments:

Post a Comment