Sunday 8 April 2018

On the move again...

Travel by ski has been replaced by a combination of planes, trains and automobiles. Recent movements have taken us in and out of several countries over the past few days. We made it through France and Switzerland, flew to England and then drove back to Wales in time to sort out the kit, spend a night in our own bed, before getting back on the road!



After catching a lift down to Thame, we got to spend an excellent night with 'James Figg' and sample his (justifiably) famous burgers. I then left Clare at Bucks University and took a series of trains, via lunch with a friend in Reading, to eventually pull into the city of London.



The city was looking good and it was fun to be navigating my way across town in the hustle and bustle, compared to the recent contrast of empty mountainsides. I still maintain that navigating in the mountains is much easier than in a city! I took plenty of wrong turns, but enjoyed looking in the shops and finding a good coffee or two.



Eventually, I made it to 'The Garden Flat', where these two little nuggets kept me entertained...





After some good fun with The Nipper and the boys, (and a swim!), I made my way back across the city on Sunday. Got to Marylebone Station in time to get a quick brew before jumping on a final train.



The train took the strain as we headed for the countryside! I met Clare in Great Missenden and together, we drove north back to The Cottage for a rest...





No comments:

Post a Comment