Saturday 24 March 2018

First Wave of the Year (outside of Hawaii!)

Somewhat unexpectedly, we noticed that there was a bit of swell heading to the beach today, so made a quick plan to go and get my first wave of the year. Clare has already braved the cold waters a few times since Christmas, but I had yet to have been in the right place at the right time to join her.


But all that came after a leisurely 'holiday start', with a big brunch session at a little cafe down by the boats at Port Dinorwic.


On arrival at the beach, we took a walk to check the conditions, before heading back to the van to get changed.


It felt like ages since I'd last wriggled into neoprene. I was pretty much a sealed unit by the time it came to getting in the sea!


The waves were clean, but hard to catch as they moved in quite slowly. The ones I did get put a smile on my face though.


The afternoon turned into a glorious blue sky affair and I was pleasantly surprised (and relieved) to not get too cold in the water.


As we were about the drive home, we did a sudden U-turn and went into the village and got ice creams. We sat looking out to sea, soaking up the suns rays. Winter on Ben Nevis seemed a million miles away....


No comments:

Post a Comment