Sunday 30 April 2017

Fairground Fun

The streets of Llandudno have been turned into a giant fairground for the bank holiday weekend! John and I went to try our luck this evening on the horse races, where he won a goldfish!



Clare has been up in the mountains where strong winds were making some beautiful shapes out of the clouds. I was running a raft building and raft race day, which was exhausting, but fantastic fun. We had almost as many spectators as we did competitors and with the Bank Holiday tourist all getting involved in the action, there was quite an enthusiastic crowd gathered along the course at Llyn Padarn! I've almost lost my voice now from all the shouting and cheering.

 

We also tried our luck at this hanging game - it seemed like easy money. Pay £2 and win £20 if you can hang on the bar for two minutes. I can easily do this, so thought that I'd soon be getting the drinks in. What I didn't know is, that the bar spins, which makes it considerably harder! I got to a tantalising 1 minute and fifty-eight seconds when a lactic acid build up caused my hands to start peeling open - the spinning bar meant that any adjustment of grip means you're off! We drew quite a crowd! Nevermind, we had a good laugh and we still managed to get last orders at the coffee shop.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment