Saturday 10 December 2016

Stockport Climbing Wall

Had a brilliant day out at a different climbing wall today. I'd told the students I was coaching that they could have a 'Christmas Treat', so we went over the border to England and to it's highest climbing wall in Stockport. It's a pretty cool place, with loads to go at. Everyone was keen to get to the top of the main wall, which meant I had to nip up and down it a few times to put up the ropes. It was high up there at 24m! This is the view looking back down!



I've been coaching this same group now for a couple of months, so everyone was on good form and excited for the trip. Psych was esecially high when we arrived having spent the entire journey singing along to heavy rock songs! I'd recently got some freebies from DMM Climbing company for the day, so we finished the day with a bouldering contest to win the prizes. Great fun with a great team and it certainly felt like a good days work in every sense. Everyone was exhausted but satisfied when we eventually left. Including me!

No comments:

Post a Comment