Tuesday 20 September 2016

Transformation Leadership

"Continuing Professional Development" (CPD), is the term given to the process of keeping upto date and current within a job or industry. As a member of the Association of Mountaineering Instructors I spent the day at the National Mountain Centre attending a workshop on 'Transformational Leadership' for Mountain Leaders. The idea behind CPD is to ensure that Leaders are aware on current best practice and not just using antiquated methods within their industry.


I must admit, I wasn't that excited about spending a day in a classroom when the mountains were looking so good, but the title of the workshop (Transformation Leadership) got me intrigued to hear about the current research regarding this. The room turned out to be full other Mountain Leaders, Instructors and Guides; some of whom I'd not seen in ages, so it was good to catch up as well as keeping up to date.
The presentation itself was good and started some interesting discussions and gave us all a bit to think about in terms of our leadership styles. Plenty to mull over, experiment with and trial with my groups that I work with outdoors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment