Saturday 17 September 2016

Plateau Slab, Rock Climbing

Spent a very nice day over in the plateau area of the Llanberis Slate Quarry with a group of students. 


After a bit of a nose around the peppermint tower, we opted for some bolted routes on the slab.


The sun came out and we were enjoying ourselves so much we were almost late finishing! The routes are quite fingery but good. The only shame is that you have to belay from such a steep slope. On the plus side, I noticed just before we left, that someone has put up a new route over the summer. It's graded at my favourite climbing grade - VS (4c) and given two stars, so looking forward to coming back to do it soon. 


After walking out and returning the students, I got given a ticket to a music festival in the grounds of a stately house in the Conwy Valley. Obviously, I took up the offer and had an impromptu brill night, the highlight of which was a fantastic blues/rock band from London called Marcus Bonfanti. Great musicians and they put on a quality show. The trees in the gardens looked amazing, all lit up. 



There were some good DJs playing into the early hours, but I bedded down I the van before it got too late as I had a early start due the next day. Great evening, super sociable and good music. Winner!

Plateau Slab:
- The Arete, 4c
- The Corner, 5b
- Magic Carpet, 5b



No comments:

Post a Comment