Thursday 7 July 2016

Crossing Time Zones

I seem to have lost a few days over the last week. Days have turned into nights and nights have suddenly turned back into days at the least expected moments; yet I don't seem to have even been to bed in between. On Monday, I was in England, heading down the drive of Fort Martin...


This afternoon, I stepped out into the street on the other side of the world...


From The Fort, the first port of call for us and our 50kgs of gear, was Heathrow Airport...


Then, for what seems like forever, this has been my view...


Our first flight took us over Europe and India, to Hong Kong in a mere 12 hours. Plenty of time for movies, peanuts and noodles. Not sure if it was the noodles, the free flowing complimentary white wine, or the shift in time zones, but touching down in Hong Kong did not feel like my finest moment. 


It was like I was operating at 25 percent speed and with an even lower processing power. The reclining airport chairs were just what we needed while we waited for the connecting flight.


Our bodies didn't know if they wanted feeding or sleeping. I went off in search of some sustanance, and found just the thing for Clare.


Negotiating the airport signs required a little more concentration that usual, which really tested our brains in their tired state.


And the airport is enormous! 530 Gates! 


After mustering up the energy to hike the few kilometres to the required gate, we arrived just in time to hear the announcement that there had been a gate change and we now had to return to where we'd just come from! 


Another flight, more movies, less wine, collection of bags, a taxi ride across town and we finally made it to our studio in Melbourne, Australia. I made a beeline to the bed and was asleep before Clare had even got the front door shut! I think it's Thursday evening...

No comments:

Post a Comment