Friday 20 May 2016

Up in the Sky

Oh, the life of a rock climbing instructor! Over the past couple of days I've travelled down to London and then overseas to the Island of Sardinia in the Mediterranean! I'm going to be working here with a group of student rock climbers for a bit. The flight here was fantastic! Amazing views of the Alps as we flew over. The non-snowy part is Switzerland's Rhone Valley, near where Clare and I used to live!


Later I could see the town of Chamonix (in France) and all of the Tour du Mt Blanc route that I'm going to be walking next month, all laid out like the maps that I've been studying!


The dark (and huge) north face of the Grand Jorasses looked super impressive, and below it you can see the glacier that I once skied with Darragh back in the LJMU days. Such great memories came flooding back!


Then we crossed over Italy and got over the med towards Corsica. It was like a real life geography lesson!


Finally, we began to descend towards the dusty fields of southern Sardinia...


Eventually landing in busy Cagliari.


A quick stamp of the passport and into a very nice hire car (Free upgrade! Yes!).


Eventually, by evening we had made it to camp on the east coast at Cala Gonone. Tired. Very tired....

No comments:

Post a Comment