Wednesday 4 May 2016

Cwm Idwal

Started off the day back in hospital with a consultant, looking at x-rays of my foot. It turns out, on closer inspection, that my foot was broken! Well, one (of the many) bones has a small chip on it. On the plus side, by taking things easy these last few weeks, it's managed to start healing itself quite well. With the reduction in swelling, it should continue to sort itself out without further damage. Phew!
Given the official go ahead for some short walks, Clare and I went for a leisurely stroll up the big path to nearby Cwm Idwal. 


Even though I couldn't move very fast or go climbing, it still felt great to be in amongst the mountains. Like a huge breath of fresh air. All I need to do now is get back up to speed!


In the evening, I drove over to the far side of Snowdon to join a group who were staying in the 'Snowdon Ranger' Youth Hostel. After the evening meal we went down to the lake for some activities and a very peaceful sun set.

No comments:

Post a Comment