Saturday 4 February 2023

A Llangollen Mini-Expedition

I've been over in Llangollen for the past couple of days with some young students on a journey to and through the town. We started off up in the Berwyn mountains, where we started our hike high on the Horse Shoe Pass. This meant we had good views from the start and the walking was almost all downhill to our accommodation by the River Dee.


It was mostly overcast, by for about two minutes, late in the day, there was a brilliant burst of sunlight that made the hillside glow.




Despite having a roof over our heads, it turned out to be a colder night that I'd usually have in a tent! A broken boiler meant no hot water or heating! I slept with my hat on!


Day 2 saw up down by the canal, from Horse shoe falls along the toe path to Trevor Basin. I'd been a bit worried that it would be a bit of a slog after a late night with some tired little ones, but the ten kilometres passed by with good chat, fun games and plenty of wildlife to observe.


All was calm and chilled as we wandered along...



Finally, we crossed over the calm water at Trevor Basin, where the same team had expeditioned previously with me, via canal boat to Chirk. A nice way to finish...


After getting back to base, unpacking, clearing up, getting home and then having some food, I just made it out to Plas y Brenin to see my friend Pete, who was giving an evening lecture there. Lots of good stories and fun to see old friends too!

No comments:

Post a Comment