Tuesday 29 November 2022

Sunshine and Surf

Without a breath of wind on the forecast and the last push of swell still arriving from across the Atlantic, we set our sights on a trip to the beach this morning. With only a small but glassy swell, I took my kayak for a surf rather than the usual surf board and was glad too - I could pick up all the waves I wanted!


Aled joined us for a life affirming float about in the ocean - it was so calm that I didn't even get my hair wet, so stayed warm enough between waves. It was also mellow enough surf that on occasion we all caught the same wave and whooped all the way back into the beach together!


Afterwards, it was so nice that we decided to stay and enjoy the warmth of the November sunshine.


We'd come prepared for this option, so soon had a coffee brewing, while we sat on my upturned kayak and watched the waves.


Then to top it all off, as we were enjoying a fine 'George Boyd' drink, we saw a whole bunch of dolphins, leaping around out to sea! Amazing! A wonderful way to spend a late November day...


No comments:

Post a Comment