Monday 14 November 2022

A Parting Gift

After arriving back in Wales, I enjoyed a couple of great days of climbing work, while Clare and the others stayed on in Yorkshire.


The remainder of my weeks work came to an abrupt halt in the middle of the night on Thursday. It seemed that little Ben had given me a parting gift and very generously shared his recently acquired Norovirus with me! Clare had already called to say that everyone had fallen ill up north and I'd thought that I had got away just in time. Apparently not... The next few days seemed to simply have vanished, leaving me weak and exhausted. 


Clare arrived home on Friday, but it was Sunday before I managed to get myself vertical enough to enjoy some of the late summer weekend scenes around The Cottage.


There was even a firework display one evening which we watched from the garden.


I was a bit disappointed not to be running the planned Mountain Skills course on Sunday as the weather was incredible. It was 19 degrees Celsius at The Cottage and boiling hot on the summits according to John when reported back later! It felt good to feel the sun on my face though.


I managed a short walk down to the river and back as well as a few bits of toast!


Defiantly on the mend by Monday, but not up to much rapid movement. The weather has turned overcast but nice enough for a walk by the straits for some fresh air... 



Rest and food seem to be what my body is asking for. I'm seeing it as powering back up for the coming week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment