Sunday 6 February 2022

A Week at the Wall

No exciting photos for the blog this week as I've spent the last five days teaching, coaching, instructing and climbing at a series of climbing walls around North Wales. I've been with several different types of groups as well as with friends, just for fun.  


There's been plenty of theory work, looking at different knots, hitches and all the technical kit.


My arms and fingers have been getting a good work out as well, which is a good thing as Clare and I are planning a climbing trip in the not too distant future, so at least I'll be able to get off the floor on some of the harder routes!


I've been to four different walls in the last six days, including three trips to the Beacon, two to Indy, one to the Boathouse and a couple of session in the bouldering wall. Unprecedented! 


Spent a good afternoon doing some rope rescue training, remembering how to 'get out of trouble' in various different scenarios. 


Abseil practice from the indoor tower, gave a different perspective on the wall.


I did see a little bit of natural light and especially enjoyed seeing the different clouds as another weather front passed over today. There was a good covering of snow on the hills two days ago, but last night, the temperature got up to ten degrees, so it's all gone again now.


We finished at the Beacon Wall again this afternoon. I think my body and brain could use a bit of outdoor time next week! 


No comments:

Post a Comment