Sunday 15 March 2020

The missing fortnight...

Well, one week out of action has drifted into two, but thank goodness, I'm starting to show some signs of improvement at last! I'm just left with a 'post-viral cough', which doesn't sound like much, but it's exhausting to live with! Still, the daily views from The Cottage remain as splendid as ever.


I even started to go a little further along the track earlier in the week.


A few days ago, I freewheeled down the hill to see the sea and get some salty air in my lungs. A major expedition, but one which cost me no output in terms of energy, thanks to the beauty of eBike power (thanks Pat - it felt like a real lifesaver!).


Spent a bit of time, sitting on the pebble beach, watching a fishing boat trawling the straits, enjoying a hot drink from our flasks, before 'motoring' back uphill. 


Due to inactivity and recent games, in the Cabin on the Husky expedition, Chess has made a major come back in recent days. As has the ever re-filled teapot! (thanks Neil!). I don't think the fire has actually gone out in quite a while too.


On Saturday, we went for a 'test run' (well, very slow walk in reality), to give my lungs a bit of use.


It was overcast, but beautiful, up on the hill behind The Cottage, but it was slow progress and a restful afternoon was required afterwards.


On Sunday afternoon, I gave the eBike another spin - this time, over the river (which was in prime kayaking conditions) and up the valley to get a new view.


The eBike is a real savior as it requires almost no effort to peddle, yet gets me out and about.


The cough remains and I'm yet to sleep a whole night uninterrupted, but feel that it's getting close... Not long now....

No comments:

Post a Comment