Sunday 8 March 2020

The Lost Week - laid low at The Cottage

Well, this has all been rather unnecessary. Last Monday, I led a hike along the Afon Llugwy, from Capel Curig to Betws y Coed, past Swallow Falls. I didn't feel on top form for most of the day and by the time we'd got to the end, something was definitely up. It had been a beautiful day and although we did have a few snow flurries, there were signs of Spring approaching.


After returning the group, I went directly to bed, shivering and aching and things have only got worse since then. A few delirious days passed by almost unnoticed, the aches went away, but a painful sore throat then arrived and with it, a disabling cough and my lung capacity seems to have been reduced to the size of a Sparrows. 


Slightly frustratingly, this has also coincided with some nice looking winter conditions in the mountains. I've literally not left The Cottage now in a week, except for a daily look outside at the Carneddau: So here's my views of the week!





All was wintery up on the tops, but heavy rain on Saturday night seems to have stripped away the winter coat again now.


Hopefully, I'll have something a bit more exciting to write about soon, but for now, I'm staying by the fireside with a hot jug of Lemsip...

No comments:

Post a Comment