Thursday 16 March 2017

Afon Treweryn - White Water Kayaking


















Despite going to bed last night after looking out at the starry skies, this morning was a change of scene, with low cloud hanging over the valley and Altantic Slabs not looking so appealing. Not a problem though, as today I've been white water kayaking at the National White Water Centre at the Afon Treweryn. It's been a total 'mini holiday' really, as after meeting the guys, we shared a lift to the river, blasted down three runs of the main rapids and then got driven home! All very nice. It's been a while since I'd done any white water kayaking, so I was relieved to find that it still felt natural and that I could navigate safely around the hazards of river rapids! My little boat almost got flipped a few times, when I got caught out by mis-reading what the water was doing, but I managed to stay upright and enjoyed the day. The best part about the river is that there is a bus that can shuttle you and your kayak back up to the top of the rapids so you can do laps of the best bits of the river! (a bit like skiing at a ski resort I suppose!) An amazing facility to have, just an hour from home. No pictures, as I didn't have a camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment