Tuesday 2 February 2016

Log Gym Work-Out


I've never really been one for going to the gym. Staying fit, for me usually means trying to eating well and keeping active. I mostly train for climbing by going climbing. Training for mountaineering is mostly done by going mountaineering. But here by The Cottage woodshed, 'Log Gym' is our dedicated workout zone! It's well known that chopping wood not only keeps you fit, but it keeps you twice as warm - once when you chop it and then again when you burn it! 

After stacking up a reasonable stash (that I'm sure any self-respecting Swiss Chalet owner would have frowned at), I took off for a run across the valley. I had hoped to venture into the hills, but the occasional burst of hail made me think otherwise! Still, along the slate track, through the woods and over the river was far more invigorating than any treadmill I've been on.

No comments:

Post a Comment