Wednesday 3 February 2016

An Afternoon Abseil


There's snow back in the hills again and although the sun was shining over the Conwy Estuary, the air temperature was bitterly cold. Not wanting to waste a bit of sunshine though, I took advantage of the break in the clouds and took my team of students out for a spot of abseiling. The view is great from the top of the crag, but I was wearing five layers of clothing to stay snug. My bare hands were taking the brunt of the cold today - I could barely move them by the time we were done!


There was a lot of 'looking' over the edge before everyone committed to having a go and a fair bit of psyching up, but everyone gave it their best shot! It was hailing again just after we finished, so were glad top have gone for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment