Tuesday 20 September 2022

Tryfan North Ridge

It’s been a busy week, but for various reasons, one that has been pretty much devoid of photos. I did managed to get a sunset pic down by the river though on one evening.



I’ve been paddleboarding at Llyn Mymbr in fantastic conditions - after waving off Clare at the station earlier in the day. While I’m off camping in the Lake District this week, she be living in a 5 Star Hotel, as she has been invited to do some positive psychology and well being work in the Philippines!



A day of gorge walk safety training was completed on Sunday, before heading down for some climbing at Fort Martin - climbing onto the roof that is to check on a chimney!



While I was there, after witnessing a bit of British History and watching the Queen’s funeral, I did manage a bit of time on the lathe, but with no finished product from this bit of yew just yet.



After an early start, today I’ve been white water kayaking on the Afon Treweryn, back in Wales. First time on a river in ages. Really great fun, even though I did happen to find myself upside down in the final rapid of the day, just 20m from the car! Oops! Gotta keep concentrating!



I arrived back at The Cottage from my mini road trip at about 5:30pm. Just in time for Dave to call and convince me to spent the evening on a quick dash up Tryfan’s North Ridge! 



The sun was just on the top of Y Garn as we set off. 



We set a fast but not too fast pace and kept to the crest of the ridge as much as possible as the evening sunlight was both warm and beautiful. 



The final summit slopes were glorious! Bathed in a wonderful light.



I jumped the summit stones of Adam and Eve as the sun dipped below the horizon and just over an hour later, we were in the pub for a belated birthday drink, having chased down at a steady pace.



All that was left to do, was to get home for dinner! Then finish packed to the next expedition, which departs tomorrow!.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment