Friday 21 December 2018

White Water Kayaking on the Afon Seiont

After a good work out in The Cottage log gym yesterday, I felt I was sufficiently limbered up for some white water kayaking. And this time, water levels and fellow kayakers were in good supply.


It’s been a while since I’ve been on a river, so I was keen to get stuck in. I met Aled and John first thing, to sort kit, then we used Aled’s ‘connections’ to make us of a very convenient private river access point. (And pre-paddle chocolates!).


I last paddled the Seiont a couple of years back, but I could barley remember any of it. The good thing about this was that it felt like being away on holiday! Adam had very kindly lend me a bigger volume boat (a Piranaha Burn), which made the whole experience much more enjoyable and safer! I could charge through the grade 4 stoppers and rapids much easier than in my boat. Thanks Adam!


We went all the way down to Caernarfon, stopping for a flask of tea along the way. There were plenty of waves to play on and we saw some close ups of buzzard and herons. All in all, a delightful day out. It felt good to be back in a boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment