Wednesday 22 November 2017

Low Pressure Flooding

I don't often think this, but thankfully, I've been working indoors today, planning expeditions. The weather has been incredible. Over the last 24 hours, 100mm of rain has fallen at The Cottage and the needle on our barometer dropped off the scale earlier! I was due to be at the AGM of the British Mountaineering Council this evening at Plas y Brenin, but the A5 through the Nant Ffrancon valley and the Llanberis Pass were underwater and closed to traffic! After sending my apologies, we got the fire lit and sat tight while the rain hammered down. When I last kayaked on our local river - the Afon Ogwen, it was at a high level and the gauge was at about 450 on the scale. It was on 850 and rising when I went to bed! Shame it was dark as it would have been amazing to see!


No comments:

Post a Comment