Tuesday 9 November 2021

Back in a Wetsuit

It's been a while since I had to get into a wetsuit before diving into the sea! Last time I was at this beach, it was a shorts only affair. However, thick mist, strong winds and heavy drizzle made it obligatory for me, but I was pleased to find that the sea was still 'okay'. We've not been surfing since arriving home from Ireland and I probably would have been wrestling into my suit on a windswept coast shortly after 8am had I not got such excitable friends! Matt was keen to get in for a quick dip before work and after the initial reluctance to drag myself out of a warm bed into a dark morning, I was glad we went for it. 


The sheltered corner that we had ear marked as having the best potential, did indeed come up with a few good rides to start the day off. Not amazing, but wonderful to be 'out in the nature' with friends and 'just like to old days' as he said in a text later in the day.


The waves died off before our enthusiasm, so we got out and changed in the shelter of the van. Back home, we were showered and working away though some jobs before morning coffee break. Mega start to a grim weather day! There's been a lot of trip planning and expedition research going on, but nothing definite confirmed for the diary. Yet....


No comments:

Post a Comment