Tuesday 14 July 2020

Tea at Beer

We woke up from our overnight bivi spot on the Somerset Levels and threw open the back doors to reveal a mirror calm river - part of the Sowy River flood channels.



Matt was already in his shorts heading towards the banks, so I was compelled to follow. It was gloriously warm and refreshing and a fantastic was to start the day.



Matt soon left for work, so I got back inside my sleeping bag and got a brew on. Bliss. By lunchtime I’d reached the Jurassic Coast and had a lovely lunch with Norah and Henry.



By evening, I’d crossed the Tamar and arrived at Jenny’s just as a tray of hot pasties were being pulled from the oven.



Wally joined us for dinner, then we walked into town and along the beach for a good old natter, with a bit of seal spotting thrown in for good measure.



I bivied at Millendreath in a quiet and flat area after we watched a final burst of colour hit the horizon.




No comments:

Post a Comment