Thursday 23 July 2020

Cottage Calm - Van Travel Recovery

In just under 2 weeks, I journeyed over 2000 miles around the UK. It's been a fantastic tour and been great to hang out with friends and family, even if it was just for a lunch in the garden or a cup of tea in a motorway service station. In the van voyage that saw me down at Lands End as well as East coast England, I've seen five aunts, four uncles, parents (twice), in-laws, siblings, two nephews, one cousin and four friends from University days (and son). I've had homegrown and cooked food, pasties by the sea, clifftop soups and even the odd cooked breakfast provided. I've listened to three great audiobooks while on the move. In between all the chat and driving, I also managed to go for a couple of great trips on the paddleboard, climb eight routes in Cheddar Gorge, play guitars, go sea kayaking, and complete a day tour on bikes. Oh, and I shifted a tonne and a half of ballast, mixed cement, and pointed up some brickwork. 


I think it's fair to say that I was still a little bit tired when I got up this morning. It's great to be back at The Cottage. I've experienced incredible hospitality, been fed, watered and the van has provided a comfy place to rest my head each night, but it's been good to be back in my own bed for a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment