Sunday 12 June 2022

Expedition Checkpoints

Between a few office days, I've able to get out and about in the local area, especially during the long evenings after 'office hours'. 



I've also had a day in my kayak - the first in ages! It was great to be out on the lake on such a warm sunny day and also to see lots of instructor friends, who I've not bumped into in ages.


I was 'away' over the weekend, but only a few miles from The Cottage! I was helping to assess some Bronze Duke of Edinburgh's Award expeditions. The teams of students (three different ones), hiked from Aberfalls over to our valley, then up to Ogwen Cottage after a night at camp.


Along with the other staff, we met the groups at various points. Most of them (the check points, not the students!), were rather idylic!



It was a long weekend, but good fun. I was very tired by the time I got home, where a little oak is putting out some new leaves.


No comments:

Post a Comment