Tuesday 31 January 2023

Fort Martin Family Time

Having started the year off with only a handful of days at home, we saw January out with yet another trip away! This time down at Fort Martin for a belated birthday celebration as well as a bit of apple tree pruning thrown in for good measure! 


Clare met me there on Sunday evening and Michelle joined us too on Monday night for a birthday meal and some good laughs and chat. I even managed to squeeze in a couple of social visits to some of my oldest friends who leave nearby.


It was nice to have some clear skies and a fine sunset.


And before leaving on Tuesday, Mum and I had a lovely walk down to Grandad's tree, which is still looking as good as ever. 


Happily, I'm back at The Cottage now, having survived several near misses on the roads - a swerving car, and undertaking race move in the dark and a mobile home falling apart from a lorry at high speed on the M6 have all left me glad to be tucked up in the sanctuary of The Cottage!

No comments:

Post a Comment